There is no snow on the ground yet. But rest assured, when there is Plowy McPlowFace will clear the way and ice.
Vermont Transportation Authority gave students the great responsibility of naming the state’s snowflakes.
Smart, creative and, well, adorable names. VTrans posted a list of 162 names for the state’s snow facilities on its official website. Since there are 250 snow trees in use by the state, the few remaining are still named. All 162 schools that named a plow had a special visit with that truck so the children could officially christen their named snow plow.
It is coming:November begins to snow in the Northeast regions
The idea of naming snowfields comes from Scotland, where all the snowflakes – nicknamed “animals” there – are given distinct names.
Some of the best names, associated with Plowy McPlowFace (Bridge School in Middlebury) include:
- William Scrape-speare (homeschooler in Ripton)
- Edgar Allen Snow (Pacem School)
- Yo Bro, No Snow (Berlin Primary School)
- Snowbegone Kenobi (Bishop John A. Marshall School)
- Sweeping Beauty (Warren Elementary School)
- Ole Bessy (Brookfield Elementary School)
- Snowy the Plow (Benington Elementary)
- Frostbite (Barstow Memorial School)
- Spooky the Square Pumpkin (Bridport Central School)
- Dorito (Charleston Elementary School)
You can find Full list here.
Contribution: Burlington Free Press.