“Six Flags” and “Gurnee” are trending on Twitter after the Chicago Tribune reported that three people were injured in a shooting in the parking lot of Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois, Sunday night. Park communications specialist Rachel Kendziora said shots fired from a vehicle were immediately driven away after the shooting. Two of the victims are being evaluated at an area hospital. However, the third victim refused treatment. Authorities have not released the age and sex of the victim.
Following the shooting, Six Flags Great America closed the park early, and all guests and party members departed at the direction of the Gurnee Police Department. Unfortunately, this shooting comes just a few months after the July 4 mass shooting. As we previously reported, 22-year-old Robert “Bobby” Crimo III was taken into custody after being taken into custody. he was designated a person of concern in Highland Park, Illinois, whose shooting claimed the lives of six people and more than two dozen. others were injured.
Officials say they believe Bobby shot from a nearby rooftop, where a large-capacity rifle was later recovered. A recent update from ABC News on July 27 said Bobby was charged with 21 counts of first-degree murder, three counts for each victim. In addition, prosecutors said 48 counts of attempted murder and 48 counts of using a shotgun (for each person hit by a bullet, shrapnel or shrapnel).
In a statement, Lake County State Attorney Eric Rinehart said, “Our investigation continues and our victim specialists are working around the clock to assist all those affected. affected by this crime”. In addition to the allegations, authorities believe the mass shooting was planned for weeks. There are no other updates to the Six Flags shooting, but law enforcement is investigating.