TMNT Shredder’s Revenge update adds new arcade options, classic filters
A new update for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, Tribute Games’ homage to the old Konami TMNT games, adds even more arcade flavor, thanks to new customization rules for the game’s Arcade mode. The developer added virtual DIP switches Revenge shredderallows you to experience the money-making fun of being a video game operator who wants to engage a quarter more kids by making the game as hard as hell.
(If you don’t know what a DIP switch is, it’s basically a bunch of hardware or software modifiers that video game cabinet owners can tweak to make games easier. easier by giving the player more health, or harder by creating faster in-game projectiles or stronger enemies.)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge There’s also a bunch of new visual filters, offering CRT-style sweeps and a slightly curved screen option, but also potentially making the whole game look like lousy VHS tape playback. That option brings additional visual noise, color distortion, and even track effects to the game (see above). It is very well done.
The arcade mode’s new custom game options are similarly rich, allowing players to emulate Konami’s game of defeating the Ninja Turtles with a free-to-play option, tougher True Tribe ninja enemies (now available explodes on death!) and old-school superheroes drain health when used.
Tribute Games update for Revenge shredder also brings some welcome improvements. The player is now invulnerable during throws. Online game host players can now set a maximum number of players for the lobby. And the taunts now only fill the first Ninja Power bar.
Check out the full patch notes for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge below.
- New Arcade Mode is here: Custom Games! Like a real arcade machine: customize your game experience using DIP switches: free to play, old school Super Attack, faster enemies, no more taunts and much more ! You can view customization in the Custom Games lobby. Progression and achievement unlocking are disabled in Custom Games.
- In the Character Selection menu, the organizer can now set the maximum number of players for the lobby.
- Added some great filters: CRT (normal or curved) and VCR! Check them out in the Options menu.
- Fixed a rare crash in Arcade mode when changing difficulty.
- Cars can no longer deal massive damage when the player is treated as Armored (e.g. Heavy Swing charging).
- Fixed bosses sometimes being unable to reach players at the top or bottom of the level.
- Fixed bosses sometimes freezing after being hit by Raphael’s Super Flying Attack.
- Fixed Points not being kept for players when switching characters after resuming.
- Fixed April’s Super Flying Attack that sometimes seemed to revive KOed enemies.
- Fixed a bug where respawning a KO player near a transition point (e.g. escalator in Crystal Palace Shopping Center) sometimes prevented progression.
- Fixed timer updates for special states (e.g. Infinite Ninja Power) when KO or during a cutscene.
- Guest players can now rejoin the same hosted game.
- Fixed input not being evaluated correctly when choosing between Backflip or Roundoff when returning.
- Fixed a rare soft lock that occurred in the World Map if the user completed Stage 8 after finishing Stage 10.
- Taunt now only fills the first Ninja Power bar.
- We no longer remove fully accumulated Ninja Power bars when KO on Chill difficulty.
- Making a throw now grants the player invulnerability.
- Added more feedback in the HUD when trying to do a Super Attack without having enough Ninja Power.
- Many small animation tweaks have been made to all bosses, usually to make attacks easier to read.
- Fixed Dirtbag digging hole collision detection being too wide and deep.
- Reduces the number of enemies spawned in Zorax’s stampede and the frequency of trampling. Zorax also has a bit less health in the face of multiplayer.
- Rat King now does Pied Piper less often.
- Improved Super Shredder’s fight in many small ways for a smoother pacing and some damage values tweaked. However, his grip is now used more often and more effectively. What a pity!
- Improved Tyrant Statue’s speed and adjusted some damage values.
- Mother Mouser has a new bite animation to distinguish charged bites from inactive bites, giving players time to react.
- Mouser Model 3 and Mother Mouser are now running slightly faster.
- Radial Mode’s damage multiplier is now applied to all throws, Super Dive Attack and Heavy Swing.
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes repeatedly fall out of the screen when respawning, at specific locations.
- Added Refresh button to lobby search list.
- We’ve improved Arcade scoring: we now record individual players, even when they leave the game.
- Fixed or improved a few strings in Spanish, French and German.
- The game will remember if How To Play has been viewed before, separately in Story and Video modes as they are different.
- Improved prompts to reset your story and character progress.
- The pause menu in Arcade mode now shows the total playing time.
- Steam input: improved support for PS5 controllers.