Tupac Shakur’s stepfather Mutulu is freed after 40 years in prison

Tupac ShakurHer stepfather was released from prison after serving nearly 40 years behind bars for the 1981 Brinks armored truck robbery that left two police officers and a security guard dead.

In Monday, Mutulu Shakur was released on medical parole by the United States Parole Board while serving a 60-year sentence, according to lohud.com.

Mutulu Shakur, Tupac’s stepfather, paroled for “exemplary behavior, medical condition”

The 72-year-old – a former Black Liberation Army member and stepfather to the legendary rapper who was killed – is now terminally ill, the newspaper reported.

“The decision to grant parole was based on federal law guidelines for ‘old law’ prisoners, finding that Dr. Shakur posed no threat to the community,” reads a statement on mutulushakur. .com, a website maintained by his supporters.

The parole board is said to have taken into account Shakur’s “exemplary behavior in prison, health condition and time served”, the statement continued.

However, his release did not come as a complete shock, as it was revealed he would be released in court documents released last month.

“We now find that your medical condition has left you so mentally and physically debilitated that you are no longer physically able to commit any crime at the federal, state or local level, The parole commissioner wrote about Shakur at the time.

Mutulu belongs to the radical group responsible for a series of robberies before the deadly 1981 heist

Mutulu was married to Tupac’s mother, Afeni Shakur, in the 1970s and 1980s. The rapper himself was killed in a 1996 Las Vegas shooting following a fight with Mike Tyson.

Mutulu belongs to a political extremist group known as the “Family”, an organization that includes members of the Black Liberation Army and the Weather Underground.

The group, which includes Mutulu, carried out dozens of robberies between 1976 and 1981, shortly before Brinks’ deadly attack in Rockland County, New York, just north of New York City, according to lohud.com.

The group’s criminal assault effectively ended on October 20, 1981, when the crew shot dead Peter Paige, Brinks’ security guard, and wounded his partner, Joseph Trombino, after stealing $1.6 million from their armored truck at the now closed Nanuet Mall.

Trombino was later killed at the World Trade Center in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to the source.

They then opened fire on police after arriving at a barricade on New York State’s Thruway, killing Police Sergeant Nyack. Edward O’Grady and Officer Waverly “Chipper” Brown before fleeing the scene.

Several others involved in Brink Heist were released, on parole, to the chagrin of law enforcement

Mutulu eventually made the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list for years after the violent crime, and remained a fugitive until he was located in California in February 1986.

Others involved in the crimes have been pardoned or released in the years since Mutulu’s arrest.

Source by [author_name]


News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button