For the first time since winning the UFC lightweight belt, Charles Oliveira will defend his title.
Oliveira (31-8, 1 NC) defeated Michael Chandler back on May 15 to claim the TKO’s empty belt in just two rounds, establishing herself as the champion in the weight division. However, he will be tasked with a big test on Saturday, when he faces Dustin Poirier (28-6, 1 NC).
Despite possessing the belt, Oliveira finds herself three places below Poirier in Ranking of the UFC’s mid-round fights. Poirier most recently fought for the lightweight championship on September 7, 2019, but lost to Khabib Nurmagomedov in three rounds.
However, fans signing up for UFC 269 PPV won’t be merely an Oliveira-Poirier fight. Amanda Nunes (21-4) will defend her featherweight and bantamweight titles in a clash with Julianna Pena (10-4). Since winning the bantamweight belt on July 9, 2016, Nunes has defended the belt seven times and she has won each of her past 12 fights. Pena is about to win against Sara McMann on January 24, and as of November 30, 2013, she has won six of her eight matches.
Looking to see battle cards? Here’s all the info you need to watch UFC 269.
Price of UFC 269: Oliveira vs. How much does Poirier cost?
UFC fans will be able to watch UFC 269’s main card in the US on ESPN+ for $69.99 or $89.98. Those fights are scheduled to begin at 10 p.m. ET. Previous matches can be watched on ESPN2 and ESPN+.
- Existing annual subscribers can get UFC for $69.99.
- Existing monthly subscribers can get UFC 269 and an upgrade plan at a discounted rate of $84.99. They can also purchase the event for $69.99.
- New subscribers can get UFC 269 and an annual subscription for $89.98, a savings of over 30%.
What channel is UFC 269 broadcast on?
The entire fight night can be found on ESPN+ with a subscription to the streaming service. The prelims will also be performed by ESPN2. The main card can only be viewed on ESPN+ PPV.
Oliveira vs. What time does Poirier start?
- Original Prelims: 6:15 p.m. ET
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET
- Oliveira-Poirier: Around midnight
The night of skirmishes begins at 6:15 p.m. on ESPN and ESPN+ for early and preliminaries. Card fans will have to wait until 10pm for the main card, and possibly until midnight for Oliveira and Poirier to reach the octagon.
UFC fight card 269
- Andre Muniz vs. Eryk Anders, men’s middleweight
- Miranda Maverick vs Erin Blanchfield, female flyweight
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell, men’s flyweight
- Ryan Hall vs Darrick Minner, men’s featherweight
- Randy Costa vs Tony Kelley, men’s bantamweight
- Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira, lady fly
- Josh Emmett vs Dan Ige, men’s featherweight
- Dominick Cruz vs Pedro Munhoz, men’s bantamweight
- Augusto Sakai vs Tai Tuivasa, men’s heavyweight
- Jordan Wright vs. Bruno Silva, men’s middleweight
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier, men’s lightweight champion
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena, women’s bantamweight championship
- Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio, men’s welterweight division
- Kai Kara-France vs Cody Garbrandt, men’s flyweight
- Raulian Paiva vs Sean O’Malley, men’s bantamweight