One of Hollywood’s biggest stars appeared in a London court accused of sexually assaulting three men.
Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey has been released on unconditional bail until a guilty plea appearing in a London court on sex charges against three men.
Deputy Chief Justice Tan Ikram, seated at Westminster Magistrates Court, told the 62-year-old actor on Thursday that the next hearing has been set for July 14 at Southwark Crown Court, in south London.
Spacey sat in the screened pier during the half-hour preliminary hearing, standing to give his full name – Kevin Spacey Fowler – as well as his date of birth and London address.
Last month, prosecutors authorization of fees was prosecuted against the actor on four counts of sexual assault on three men and an additional count of causing one to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
Spacey has allegations involving three men, now in their 30s and 40s, in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, including while Spacey was artistic director of The Old Vic theater in the capital.
Once one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, who won Oscars for Suspect and American Beauty in the 1990s, Spacey said he is ready to defend himself in the UK and is confident that any trial Any trial will prove you innocent.
He has largely disappeared from public view since being accused of sexual misconduct five years ago.
As a US citizen, Spacey can only be formally charged after traveling to the UK.
“While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as possible and defend myself against these allegations, which I am confident will prove. his innocence,” Spacey said in a statement issued to the US. TV show Good Morning America after the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) brought charges against him.
In November 2017, the Old Vic theater in London said it had received 20 separate allegations of inappropriate conduct by Spacey from 20 men who had come into contact with him at the theatre, or were involved. to it, from 1995 to 2013.
Spacey was artistic director at the world-renowned The Old Vic theater from 2004 to 2015.
Roberto Cavazos, an actor who worked at The Old Vic, said in 2017 that he was meeting with Spacey at the time “which means you could call harassment.” It is not known whether Cavazos was one of the men Spacey has been accused of assaulting.
He was dropped from the TV show House of Cards and from the movie All the Money in the World after allegations of sexual misconduct came to light.