About the light is very good
Light is very goodt is the premier beauty, grooming and wellness destination for Generation Z and millennials. Born from the idea that confidence comes from the inside out, Very Good Light aims to bring out the best in individuals and raise morale in ALL communities.
This is done through personal essays, impactful long stories, engaging videos and photography, along with tutorials and engaging product reviews. We believe that confidence starts from the inside out.
About good light
VGL’s personal care brand. good light is beauty beyond binary. We are a start-up, venture capital company focused on moving culture forward by promoting a more holistic definition of beauty through product and purpose. We strive to reflect the diversity and flexibility of the world we live in today.
About the role
The leading site for Gen Z and beauty, is looking for an editorial intern for Winter/Spring 2022 who is ambitious, self-starter, and has a do-it-yourself attitude. This is a distance internship, although applicants in LA/NYC will have the option of participating in face-to-face sessions, press events, meetups, etc.
Some of the tasks will include: writing original content, brainstorming big image stories, finding new beauty products/trends, supporting social media including TikTok and Instagram Stories, promote new ad partnerships and more. This person will work alongside our editorial team to write creative stories, social copy and email, and any additional writing needs on Very Good Light and good light, the brand that cares VGL’s personal.
The site has been featured in the New York Times, Vogue, Allure, Teen Vogue, HighSnobiety, USA Today, and many more.
In this role you will:
- Write, edit, and learn to be a better web journalist (write engaging, concise, and intentional HEDS, DEK with sentences), usually 1-2 1,000-word stories per week
- Create engaging TikTok videos for stories to help spread brand awareness
- Reporting – fact-checking, interviewing subjects ranging from celebrities to college students
- Write short SEO-driven articles on topics including beauty, skin care, personal care, gender, etc.
- Support editorial calendar, pitch and watch stories go from idea to completion
- Support taking photos as well as posting, from long form to short form
- Product reviews, ordering beauty/grooming products, testing
- Support social media responsibilities on TikTok and Instagram
- Supporting content, creative and copywriting needs in good light, VGL’s personal care brand, including marketing, partnerships, social media, product development, lawsuits, etc.
What makes you perfect for this role:
- You are curious.
- You believe in new ways of doing things and seek them out.
- You take pride in your work.
- You value diversity and inclusion.
- You work well with others.
- You are highly creative and passionate about design.
- You are curious and open to constructive feedback.
- You have excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong journalism, writing and reporting skills
- Deep understanding of internet, beauty trends and social media
- Great attitude and a do-it-yourself spirit
- The ability to be an independent thinker and work independently
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
- Be comfortable filming and editing TikToks based on what you write and trending beauty topics
- Must be able to receive college credit or equivalent
- Commit to working 15-17 hours a week.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in beauty & skin care is a plus!
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line, Application for editorial internship in winter/spring 2022