VOLLEYBALL SIGNS MANTECA HIGH SCHOOL MIDDLE BLOCKER KARLIE SPOHN
SACRAMENTO – Sacramento State Volleyball Team Head Coach Ruben Volta today announced that middle school student Karlie Spohn of Manteca High School has signed a National Letter of Intent and will be entering the University as a freshman in the fall.
Spohn is the third entrant for the 2022 recruiting class, a list that includes St. John-Endicott Ashlynn Archer, and matriculation outside Sisters Greta Davis High School.
• A 5-foot-10 center interceptor from Manteca, Calif.
• Played four years air volleyball as a midfield player at Manteca High School.
• Helped the Buffaloes achieve a combined 66-22 and 32-6 in the Valley Oak League.
• Won the league championship all four seasons and was captain twice.
• Two-time all-league selection: first team in 2021 (premium); second team in 2019 (second year).
• During her senior season, she helped the team to 26 wins and reached the semi-finals of the Sac-Joaquin Section.
• Averaging 2.9 kills, 1.1 blocks, and 1.6 aces per suit at 0.381 as a senior.
• Led the team in blocks with 94 (42 solo games) and finished with 246 lives that season.
• Captain of the Delta Valley Volleyball Club of Lodi, Calif.
Volta quote – “Karlie is an extremely strong centre-back, moves and jumps well. She’s very quick, and would make a good attacker. We love the way she swings and believe it. She has a lot of potential.”