Construction sites rank among some of the most dangerous places to work. With heavy machinery, power tools, power lines, and unsecured heights everywhere, the possibilities for a tragic accident at a construction site seem endless. Not only do workers face daily risks of serious accidents, but even innocent bystanders can suffer catastrophic or life-threatening injuries due to a construction site accident.
Because there are so many trades and companies working on a jobsite, there may be many potentially liable parties after an accident. Accident victims should seek advice from an experienced Houston construction accident lawyer as soon as possible to learn about their legal rights. The attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, have decades of combined experience helping injured construction accident victims recover full compensation after life-altering injuries. Let us fight for you now.
Contact our firm for a free case evaluation with a knowledgeable Houston construction accident lawyer. There are no upfront fees for us to begin work on your claim, and you only pay us if we recover money for you.
Pursuing Compensation After a Construction Accident
As a construction worker injured on a jobsite, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, workers’ compensation will only provide partial compensation for some of your losses, such as lost earnings, while providing no compensation for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering or lost enjoyment of life.
However, there are situations where your employer may not carry worker’s compensation coverage. Or your construction accident may have been caused by the negligence or recklessness of a third party. In these instances, you may be entitled to seek full compensation for all your losses in a personal injury claim.
Examples of compensation you may be entitled to in a personal injury claim after a construction accident include:
- Outstanding medical expenses, such as hospital bills, doctors’ appointments, physical or occupational therapy, prescription medication, and other out-of-pocket expenses
- Long-term care costs, such as home health services, necessitated by disabilities caused by injuries
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity caused by time missed from work or by disabilities that prevent you from returning to full duty
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment or quality of life due to physical disfigurement or by the inability to perform daily tasks or to partake in life’s activities
Our experienced Houston construction accident lawyers can help you understand what kinds of compensation you may be entitled to following an accident. Our goal is to recover the maximum payment you need to be made whole again.
Time Limit for Filing a Construction Accident Claim in Texas
Texas places a limit on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury claim after a construction accident. This time limit, known as the statute of limitations, is two years from the date of your injury. If you wait too long seek legal help and file your lawsuit, the court will dismiss your case, and you will lose your right to seek compensation.
How Our Houston Construction Accident Attorney Can Help You
Don’t try to cope with the aftermath of a serious accident on your own. Let the skilled Houston construction accident attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, help you by:
- Reviewing your case for free to determine your options for pursuing compensation
- Ensuring that you have access to comprehensive medical treatment for your injuries
- Keeping consistent communication with you throughout your case to help you address any other impacts to your life caused by your injuries
- Investigating the facts and circumstances of the construction accident and, in collaboration with accident reconstruction and engineering experts, determining how the accident occurred and who may bear responsibility
- Filing claims for compensation on your behalf and vigorously pursuing settlements that provide you with fair and full compensation
- Advocating for you at trial, if necessary, to obtain a judgment in your favor
We understand the burdens that a serious injury can place on you and your family. With our firm, you never have to worry about paying upfront fees for our advice or our representation. You only pay us if and when we win compensation in your case.