Why is PETA impressed with this video game
According to the video, here are five realistic details about the cats in Stray:
- Cats are naturally curious and playful animals.
- They usually sleep between 12 and 18 hours a day but those who live outside don’t get that because they have to be alert to danger.
- Cats that are homeless or allowed to roam outdoors can get injured or get lost.
- Scratching is a normal, instinctive cat behavior and should not be punished.
- Cats that are released outdoors are more likely to contract life-threatening parasites.
The life of a stray cat
PETA said in the video’s description: “For a game about a homeless cat roaming a cyber world full of robots, Stray was rated highest by PETA for its accuracy.”
The organization has previously taken down several video games such as Far Cry 6 and Mario to depict animals in ways that might promote cruelty towards them. For example, Far Cry 6’s cockfights and Mario’s Tanooki suit have been criticized by the organization.
Stray launched recently on PS5, PS4, and Windows PC. Adventure indie game developed by BlueTwelve Studio and published by Annapurna Interactive. The game tells the story of a cat who is lost in a cyberpunk world full of cyborgs who must return to his family. On the journey, it will face some challenges and dangers.