‘Zero Tolerance Collection’ Brings Classic Mega Drive Arena Players To Switch This Year
Update [Thu 21st Apr, 2022 19:30 BST] The game is strictly limited shared more details about their planned physical versions of the Zero Tolerance Collection, but with an additional surprise.
First, we get some more details about the re-release from a new press release:
First released in 1994 for the Sega® Mega Drive / Sega® Genesis, Zero Tolerance places players in a distant future where the universe faces an alien invasion. That’s when the Zero Tolerance team is called to protect humanity from the enemy!
– Fend off aliens’ attack on the Europe-1 spaceship and repel their invasion of earth in Zero Tolerance.
– Hunt down invaders on a subway mission in the previously unreleased Zero Tolerance Underground sequel.
– Play through Zero Tolerance or Zero Tolerance Underground to unlock the prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance where you defeat alien enemies on their home planet (only in the Zero Tolerance Collection)
– Start Zero Tolerance with one of five characters to choose from – each with their own unique attributes
– Collect laser guns, mines, flamethrowers and more to complete your versatile arsenal
– Master several intricate and colorful levels spread across different main areas
– Choose your way to play! Kill all enemies to trigger checkpoints or dash through levels if you want thrills
– Includes a previously unreleased sequel Zero Tolerance Underground Includes an unlockable prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance (only in the Zero Tolerance Collection)
So, as many readers suspected, Zero Tolerance Underground is the missing sequel to the original classic Mega Drive/Genesis! This alone, as well as the unreleased prototype for Beyond, makes the collection all the more worthwhile.
But, back to those shiny physical versions. Earlier today, we learned about two different versions. However, seriously limited has announced a pair of new, unique releases that we’d love to get hands on. Pre-orders for all of these versions won’t open until April 24 at Midnight CETor April 23 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 11pm BSTso mark that in your calendar.
First, let’s see what you’ll get if you pre-order the Special Limited Edition:
- Special limited edition box
- Games for Nintendo Switch or PS4
- Colorful game guidebook
- 2 Reversible posters (DIN A3)
- 3 logo stickers
- Set of postcards
- Hardcover Standee
- Soundtrack CD Game Flyer (DIN A6)
Because €49.99 / $55.99, it’s a delicious food volume! Plus, you’re getting three different games. You’ll have to snap one up, though, as there will only be 2,000 copies of the Switch version available for pre-order.
The Standard version Limited to 3,000 Switch copies, and for less than half the price, you’ll only get a boxed copy of the game. If that’s all you want, then that’s pretty much perfect.
The surprise release, however, is a Mega Drive or Genesis cartridges of Zero Tolerance, complete with a previously unreleased sequel to Zero Tolerance Underground. And yes, it’s a working cartridge, so if you have this classic console on hand, you can play this lost sequel on original hardware – if you can get your hands on it, of course. into the.
While Zero Tolerance Underground is a modern standard release, how great it is when you get the chance to play the decades-old sequel, never before light, on the hardware it was originally intended for. release?
Each cartridge is limited to 1,500 pieces and each is priced at €49.99 / $55.99. And we yes to share manuals. Who missed the manual? We definitely do. Almost like Mega Drive…
That’s a lot of new information in less than a day. We’ll keep an eye on this one. And again, don’t forget that pre-orders for these limited edition physical releases will open on April 24 at Midnight CET.
Original story [Thu 21st Apr, 2022 12:30 BST] Technopop’s classic arena shooter Merciless will come to Switch this year – but not alone. Publisher QUByte Interactive announced Zero Tolerance Collectionbrings together three games in one package: Zero Tolerance, Zero Tolerance Underground (lost sequel to the first game) and an unlockable demo, not previously released Intolerance goes beyond.
In the original game, Zero Tolerance was an elite team of five members. Each member has a unique weapon and play style. After choosing one of the five members, you must infiltrate the Europa-1 fleet – which has been attacked by extraterrestrials – to erase any evidence of this invasion.
The goal is to kill every enemy on every level to win the password, which will allow you to progress. If your character is killed, you can no longer play as their character and must choose a new character to control; If all five characters die, the game is over.
This modern packaging adds some neat quality of life features to the game, but the original experience is largely retained, so fans can enjoy this however they want. . Here is a list of all the collection features from QUByte:
– +40 unique levels to complete
– Classic FPS action and adrenaline
– Fully 3D environment with 360 . viewing angle
– 5 state save slots per game
– 4 screen filters (XBR, CRT, Smooth and Sharp)
– 3 screen types (Normal, Fit and Stretch)
QUByte also partnered with Stricly Limited Games to release two limited physical editions of the collection. Zero Tolerance Collection – Limited Edition, including manuals (just like the old days!) Will be available for €29.99 / $34.99while The Zero Tolerance Collection – Special Limited Edition comes with background music, posters, stickers etc and will cost €49.99 / $55.99.
We’re excited to revisit this 1994 classic later this year when the Zero Tolerance Collection launches on Switch. We don’t have an exact release date, but we’ll let you know when it does!
Have you played Zero Tolerance on Mega Drive/Genesis yet? Will you choose the collection? Let us know.